Now Offering EMDR Intensives!
Two of our Elbow Tree therapists, Taylor Johnston and Hayne Steen, specialize in working in the area of single event trauma as well as complex trauma (multiple events). Customized, immediate support for individuals, geared to radically change your life.
What is a single event trauma?
Single-event trauma is defined as a trauma that happens to one person in a single incident. Examples of this type of trauma include;
- Automobile accident
- Natural disaster
- Witness to a critical incident
- Mugging or some form of attack
- Bank robbery
Research on Intensive EMDR Therapy is Positive
- Intensive EMDR treatment is reliable and treats symptoms in a very short time frame, comparative to other modalities. Learn more here
- Intensive application of trauma-focused therapy produces significant outcome with patents struggling through their trauma. Intensives allow faster symptom reduction with strong results while reducing the risk of early discharge. Learn more here
Your EMDR Intensive Includes
- One consultation interview (video conference available) to assess for candidacy, gain insight, and identify obstacles.
- A treatment planner with a workbook, personalized for you and your experiences as we navigate through treatment.
- Customized treatment program consisting of EMDR with Taylor or Hayne in their Elbow Tree office.